- Information we collect about you and how we collect it
- How we use your information
- Disclosure of your information
- Choices of how we use and disclose your information
- Additional Privacy Rights
- Accessing and correcting your information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Data Storage Data Security
- EEA Residents
- Children Under the Age of 18
- Contact Information
Pink Papyrus Co. (“Company,” “us,” or “we”) respect your privacy and are commited to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.pinkpapyrus.com/ (our “Website”), make a purchase, or otherwise use our services and interact with us, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect: on this Website.
1. Information we collect about you and how we collect it
1.1. Generally. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information: (a) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number ("personal information"); (b) that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as purchase history; and/or (c) About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the site (e.g. usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies), or from third parties, for example, our business partners.
1.2. Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you create an account or place an order, we may ask you for your name, email address, phone number, payment information, billing and shipping address, and other information you choose to provide.
- Payment Information. When you make a purchase, we will collect that payment card information, as well as details of your transaction through our Website and the fulfillment of your orders. Depending on your chosen payment option, we may use a third-party service provider that handles payments for us and that will receive your payment card information.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you and maintain records and copies of your correspondence. For example, when you contact customer service, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send us, and other information you may choose to provide. We may also record your calls with customer service to handle your inquiry and for training, research and product development purposes.
- Other Information You Provide. We may collect information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, signing up for our newsletter or other communications, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Search Queries. We may also collect information on any search queries you make on the Website.
- User Contributions. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties, including reviews, (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may allow you to set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
1.3.Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Location Information. When you use our Website, we may receive your precise location information. We also may receive more general location information when you visit our Website (for example, your IP address may indicate your more general geographic region).
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Website and to help us improve user experience and our services and offerings, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Website, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, traffic data, logs, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Computer Information. We also receive information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type when you access our Website.
1.4.Information We Receive from Third Parties. We may also receive information about you from third parties. This may include:
- Information from Third-Party Services. If you choose to link our Website or services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
- Other Third-Parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
2. How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
2.1. Contact Information. We use your contact information, including your email address and shipping and/or billing address) to: (a) enable you to create, manage, and maintain an account on our Website; (b) communicate with you; (c) provide you with updates or information that your request; (d) respond to you; (e) marketing purposes (e.g. product information, news, promotions, and other information and events we think may interest you; (f) deliver purchases, process returns, and provide you with other notices related to such purchases and returns; (g) carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; (h) notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it; (i) provided customer support; (j) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and (k) for any other purpose with your consent.
2.2. Other Information. We use the other information we collect about you to: (a) customize our Website, services, and product offering presented to you (e.g. to remember your information for the next time you visit our Website so you do not have to re-enter it and to provide relevant advertisements, content, and information); (b) monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities to improve our Website, services, and product offerings; (c) improve our customer service; (d) track and record purchases made through our Website; (e) facilitate the connection of third-party service providers; (f) facilitate transactions and purchases; (g) protect against fraud; (h) compliance purposes; (i) carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; (j) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and (k) for any other purpose with your consent.
2.3. Third-Parties. If you give us permission, we may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. Further, we may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
2.4. Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: (a) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (b) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (c) speed up your searches; and (d) recognize you when you return to our Website.
3. Disclosure of your information
3.1. Aggregate Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, to third parties.
- To our subsidiaries and afflliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pink Papyrus Co.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Pink Papyrus Co. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. For more information, see Section 4.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
3.3. Other Disclosures. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pink Papyrus Co., our customers, or others.
4. Choices of how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- 4.2. Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an email with your request us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4.3. Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- 4.4. Third Party Collection and Use. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
5.1. Technologies. We, and third parties, may use the following technologies for automatic data collection:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 4.1 of this policy.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
5.3. Cookies Generally. Cookies are small data files that are placed on users' devices to monitor how users interact with websites and other online services. Pixel tags, also called web beacons or single-pixel gifs, tag a graphic on a web page or in an email message that tracks pages viewed or email messages opened. Logs are continuous digital records of events and interactions that occur on a website. Cookies, pixel tags, and/or logs can be used to identify your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click and/or email messages you open. There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function, and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- First Party Cookies. First party cookies are cookies that are placed by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are placed by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties.
- Necessary Cookies. Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Performance Cookies. Performance cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Functionality Cookies. Functionality cookies increase the usability of a website by remembering your choices (e.g. language, region, login, and so on).
- Targeting Cookies. Targeting/advertising cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising. Session Cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
5.5. How to Manage your Cookie Preferences. Most web browsers allow you to erase cookies on your computer, block cookies from your computer, or notify you when a cookie is stored on your computer. If you choose to disable or otherwise block certain cookies, you may be unable to use or experience decreased functionality with parts of the Website. Your browser may also support functions to block or restrict pixel tags. If you use different devices to access the Website, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference.
6. Additional Privacy Rights
6.1. California Residents. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Section 8 for more information.
6.2. Nevada Residents. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering such statutes opt-out requirements.
6.3. International. The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, the United States and other countries, as permitted by applicable law. These other countries may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to maintain an adequate level of protection for this information in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA"), please see Section 10
7. Accessing and correcting your information
7.1. Review and Changes. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7.3. California Residents. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Section 8 for more information.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
8.1. CCPA. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please review our CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents.
8.2. Shine the Light Law. California's "Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: PO Box 80549, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688.
9. Data Storage Data Security
9.1. Data Storage. We retain your information for as long as necessary to provided you with our services. If you have an account with us, we keep your information associated with such account for as long as you maintain your account. We retain transactional information such as purchase history as long as necessary to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions.
9.2. Data Security. We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like reviews. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
10. EEA Residents
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding our processing of your personal data, which are outlined in this Section 10.
10.1. Your Rights. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides for certain rights to protect the privacy of EU citizens. Specifically:
- Right to access: you have the right to request information about your personal data held by us at any time. You can contact us at email@example.com to request such information.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you. If you have an account registered with us, you can update or edit your personal information through your account settings.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to requests that we delete your data.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information that is based on Company's legitimate interest. We will discontinue to process such personal information unless we are able to demonstrate legitimate grounds for the processing that overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
- Right to object to direct marketing: you have the right stop direct marketing messaging and to withdraw consent for other content-based processing at any time. You can opt-out of direct marketing by following the instructions in each marketing e-mail, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to portability: you have the right to request that we transfer or port elements of your personal data either to you or another service provider.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority: If you believe Pink Papyrus Co. is processing your personal information in an incorrect way, please contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to your data protection regulator, if your country has a data protection regulator. Please contact us with any complaints, questions, or if you want to exercise any of your rights. You can request access to all your personal information by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
10.2. Legal Basis for Processing. We will only process your personal data in accordance with a legal basis. Such legal bases for processing your personal data include:
- Consent. If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated.
- Necessity. As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and delivering the products you purchase.
- Legitimate Interest. When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our Website or legal documents, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services. We only rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- Legal Obligation. In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
10.3. Data Retention. We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
10.4. Questions or Complaints. If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local data protection authority, please see: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
12. Children Under the Age of 18
12.1. Generally. Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12.2. California Residents. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Section 8 for more information.
13. Contact Information
Pink Papyrus Co.
PO Box 80549
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688